Beach Bloodbowl Tournament Ads (May 16, 1998) in the Boulogne Billancourt Computer Game Library
The Beach Bloodbowl is a "light" version of Bloodbowl.
It is played on a smaller pitch (9x20 squares) and it opposes 2 teams of 7 players in 2 halfs of 6 turns.
A beach bloodbowl game between 2 experimented players takes about 1 hour to play. So the game is much faster and according to everybody it is quicker and fun to play.
All the rules of "classical Bloodbowl" apply regarding to the following changements...
- Team creation
- The game
- Buying new players
- Download the pitch
Team creation :
- 600,000 Gold pieces
- 7 players minimum (10 maximum)
- 1 Fan Factor point as a minimum
- The star players are forbidden
- Standard 4th Edition ally rules are allowed at the team creation.
The game :
- 6 turns per half-time
- 2 minutes per turn
- Special Play cards and Wizards are forbidden
Wizards don't go often to the beach!
- -1 to the armour of everybody
it is hot so the players can't wear their protection!
- -1 to the injury roll for everybody
the sand softens the falls of the players
- No injuries :
- The results of 8-9 on the injury roll are treaten as minor KO. Before each kick off you can try to let the player enter the pitch on a 3+
- The results of 10, 11 and 12+ on the injury roll are treaten as major KO. Before each kick off you can try to let the player enter the pitch on a 5+
- KO count as an casualty for the Star Player Points
- No Sprint
The sand doesn't allow the players to run as fast as they are able to
- No Characteristic improvement
The Beach bloodbowl games are played in a "soft" way so the players increase their physical skills less than their technical skills
- Initial team setup :
- 2 players minimum on the front line
- 1 player maximum on the lateral zone
- No money gain at the end of the game.
- The Gate (people) who are watching the game is divided by 1000
- The Kick off table and the ball's scatter are unmodified
- Piling On is forbidden
Buying new player :
- At the end of the game, the teams can try to recruit a new player. Throw 1D6 and read the result in the table below.
you can try to hire a new player only one time per game.
||The player refuses your offer
||The player joins your team
+1 if the player is from the same race as your team
-1 if the player is from another race
+1 if you won the game
The pitch :
Beach bloodbowl pitch
The picture represents half of the pitch
1 477 783 bytes
28,7cm x 41cm
150 dpi / JPEG
To download the picture right click the link and choose
"Save target as..." for Internet Explorer users or
"Save link as..." for Netscape users
© April 1998 - Jeux & Stratégies
Last update : 12 April 1998