Given the basic Third Edition rules I would have some of the following
* Get all your special (non-lineman) players first. I generally like
for any team. Emphasize acquiring both Storm Vermin ASAP to get them
going. This is vital depending upon how your league uses Rat Ogres.
* Skaven Lineman have enough move to make them really useful in a variety
of situations and I recommend building a few types. I liked to get a
pair with Block and Strip Ball (Dauntless with this is even better).
I would send these two running into the backfield after the ball every
turn on defense without any regard for their health. They caused a lot
of turnovers, and were not hard to re-build if they died. They are also
very annoying to many coaches, which is always a plus in my book. You
can very easily use a Skaven lineman as a safety, and only one is needed
to cover the field.
* Once I had the ball I found that moving the Skaven around the opponents,
and just placing them next to as many of the closest opponents to the
ball, was good. They generally got in the way enough to allow a GR to
run into the endzone.
* Everyone knows to build a few one-round scorers with your 4 GRs. I
to have the Block/Dless/DT GR or two to put to good use. I know a Skaven
coach who would take these guys and throw the DT block no matter what
the odds, whether or not this GR had Dauntless yet. That ended in a bad
situation most of the time, so use some discretion.
* I never had to give Accurate to my Throwers because they always got
from hanging around the GRs.
* Make the Skaven EAT the warpstone, not just play with it. You get
mutations that way, trust me.
* Skaven linemen are so much more useful than almost any other linemen
because of that MA7. Anyone can make good SV, GRs, ROs, and Throwers,
but good use of the lineman makes a good team great.